Today’s guest post is by Debbie Donohue, an experienced internship consultant and colleague from the Global Ed Consulting Group.
Why should a university start an international internship program? There are so many benefits of starting a program to a university and its stake holders. International internships are high-level, broad reaching programs that interact with staff, students, faculty and employers around the world.
Here are the top 10 benefits to a college or university that invest in international internship programs:
- Enhance the educational experience you offer to students by preparing them for the global workforce via experiential education opportunities
- Collaborate with your state’s Department of Economic Development – international internship programs are a great benefit to foreign companies that establish an office in your state
- Engage with your alumni abroad while developing internships for your students
- Strengthen your partnerships with the university exchange partners and create study plus internship programs
- Collaborate with Modern Languages Department – engage companies in higher level classes and offer these students rewarding positions around the world
- Complement your relationships with companies worldwide
- Develop and enhance the university’s global presence
- Help your university reach their internationalization goals
- Attract the top globally minded students to attend your university
- Collaborate with industry on dynamic programs to work together to prepare tomorrow’s global workforce!