If you (or your students) are interested in living, working, studying, or traveling abroad but don’t know how you’ll fund the trip, this session is just for you! Topics will include traditional funding sources (grants & scholarships) as well as other more creative ways including travel writing & photography, finding paid work abroad, and crowdfunding. Katie Krueger has used these creative methods to fund travel to Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America. By the end of this session, you should feel confident that you really can raise funds for that adventure abroad. This session is for both students AND advisers. It will include a robust resource guide that can be used for additional research on the topic. Be sure to read on for the coupon code for the full time student rate! Sign Me Up!
Who will benefit from this workshop?
- Anyone who wants to travel abroad
- University/college study abroad, service learning, student activities/clubs, career services and financial aid administrators
- Faculty/teachers leading groups abroad or teaching subjects that attract students who want to travel overseas
- Travel agents
- MA students in international education/counseling
- Life coaches
- Not-for-profits with an international agenda
- Global Education consultants
- Third party providers who advise students on funding ideas
- Parents/Guardians of those who want to travel abroad
You can register below! Just scroll down after you read the presenter information at the bottom of the page.
- This session is approximately 75 – 90 minutes. It will take place on Saturday, February 23rd at 12 pm eastern.
- This session will be recorded, so please don’t worry if you cannot attend the live session. You will receive the recording (and resource guide) via email.
- This will be a webinar. You will be able to chat with presenters (and your colleagues who register) via a chat space.
- There is a special full-time student rate of only $27 per student. Full time students should use coupon code “FTstudent” and enter their .edu email address. What a bargain! And you don’t even have to leave your desk! (If you prefer to pay with a check, please email email@example.com for more details.)
Katie Krueger has lived, studied and worked on five continents and speaks five languages to varying degrees. She is the author of Give with Gratitude: Lessons Learned Listening to West Africa, a book inspired by her time abroad in Senegal. She is also the co-founder of Project Japale Gouné, a nonprofit school lunch program in Dakar, Senegal. She has taught many online workshops related to travel and storytelling. Katie holds an MBA in entrepreneurship from the Wisconsin School of Business. She is also available for in person presentations through Melibee Global.
Missy Gluckmann is the founder of Melibee Global Education Consulting and MelibeeU, the professional development arm of Melibee Global. Her blog, www.melibeeglobal.com, is where she shares resources, stories and tools for international educators. Missy developed the Melibee Global speaker series to create opportunities for educators to share inspirational role models of global citizenship. She has advised and administered study abroad programs at New York University, Marymount College, State University of New York and Western Connecticut State University. A graduate of the MA program in International Education Administration at the School for International Training in Vermont, Missy lived abroad twice and has traveled to more than two dozen countries. Sign Me Up!