A resume presents an opportunity to sell yourself, yet writing the best resume for international education postings can feel daunting at times. If you have been mailing your resume out and not getting calls for interviews, this session is for you! During this workshop we will cover Melibee’s insider tips on resume writing for international educators who are seeking positions in administration. You may be surprised to learn that they will not always be the same advise you’ll get from your campus career center! We’ll answer those burning questions that keep you up at night including:
* How do I avoid my resume screaming “intern”? * How long should my resume be? * What order do I present my data? *How do I handle language, professional development and travel? * Should I include all of my social media handles?
This session will include PLENTY of Q&A, so be sure to bring have your resume in front of you and bring your questions! Sign Me Up!
Who will benefit from this workshop?
- Recent college graduates (UG or GR) pursuing a position in international education administration.
- Career counseling officers/advisers.
- Anyone interested in writing a solid resume for international education administration or higher education administration.
- Life coaches.
Past Participants Have Said:
“I really appreciated Missy’s candid examples/willingness to answer our questions (even though some were very specific to each individual). She had a way of answering our specific questions and then making those questions relevant/useful for all participants. Tough to do, but she did it with ease.” (Carrie N.)
“This workshop is that it gave practical, easy to follow guidance to structuring not only my resume, but my whole approach to finding a position in the IE field.” (Gerry B.)
“I really liked Missy’s style from the start. Very warm and energetic. I also liked how clear and well-organized the presentation was. I appreciate that she answered so many questions, as well. ” (Sharon L.)
“I really appreciated Missy’s candid discussion of what a resume for International Educators looks like vs. what a typical career counselor would say. Additionally I appreciated that the advice was geared towards people in all stages of their careers, not just those fresh out of college or those with a lot of experience. Missy struck a great balance! “ (Corrinne N.)
“I really appreciated the real life scenarios that Missy provided – made it feel like creating an effective resume was attainable!” (Kathleen K.)
“I really liked going through all the tips. There were definitely items there that I had not considered!” (Alison T.)
- You can register below! Just scroll down after you read the presenter information at the bottom of the page.
- This session is on Wednesday, April 3rd at 8pm (eastern) and is approximately 75 minutes. It will be recorded, so please don’t worry if you cannot attend the live session.
- This will be a webinar. You will be able to chat with the presenter (and your colleagues who register) via a chat space.
- This webinar includes the live session, the recording and a brief resource guide. The fee for all of this is only $29. What a bargain! (If you prefer to pay with a check, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.)
Missy Gluckmann is the founder of Melibee Global Education Consulting and MelibeeU, the professional development arm of Melibee Global. Her blog, www.melibeeglobal.com, is where she shares resources, stories and tools for international educators. Missy developed the Melibee Global speaker series to create opportunities for educators to share inspirational role models of global citizenship. She has served as an International Student Adviser (PDSO, DSO and ARO) and advised/administered study abroad programs at New York University, Marymount College, State University of New York (RCC) and Western Connecticut State University. Missy worked as an Account Executive and Human Resource Consultant at Cartus, the world’s largest relocation company, where she counseled HR for Fortune 500 companies on international relocation best practices. A graduate of the MA program in International Education Administration at the School for International Training in Vermont, Missy lived abroad twice and has traveled to more than two dozen countries. She has served on hiring committees at several colleges and in the private sector and is excited to empower international educators with tips for building a solid international education resume! Sign Me Up!