LIVE on April 28th at noon (eastern) with your coach, Missy Gluckmann
Have you sat in meetings wondering why people talk and nothing gets done? Are you unsure of how the org chart impacts your ability to do your work? If you’re frustrated or confused about the mechanics of higher ed, this one is for you!
Politics are complex no matter the organization, but higher education has its own organizational structure and funding, hiring and tenure practices, and more than make it uniquely complex to navigate.
This webinar is for anyone who works (or wants to work) in higher education and has thought – getting the work done shouldn’t be this hard! In this webinar, we will:
- consider the organizational structure
- explore differing perspectives
- examine the 4 P’s
- offer strategies for finding common ground
- A live session (75 minutes) on April 28th at noon (eastern). This session will be recorded in case you cannot make the live session.
- An accompanying handout with links to relevant articles and resources
- The cost for all of this is only $39.00 for groups and $21.00 for individuals! Individuals should use coupon code PolBEE.
- “I appreciated the topic and the cartoons, which helped focus in on and highlight the issues while providing a shot of humor.” – N. B.
- “I appreciated the exploration of the word politics. It often has a negative connotation but as in most words politics is a neutral word when explored objectively. Politics can be a very positive way to navigate the field of international education as long as your heart and intentions are in a positive place. ” – K. S.
- “I appreciate your reframing of politics and ego. Although I wasn’t vocal about these topics during the webinar, I’ve been thinking about them since you raised them and know there’s more for me to look at here.” -L. S.
- “I appreciate your encouragement to be open and the great analogies w/4 P’s” – K. C.
Missy Gluckmann is your coach for this webinar! She is the founder of Melibee Global and Better Abroad, the professional development arm of Melibee Global. She has advised and administered study abroad programs at New York University, Marymount College, State University of New York (RCC) and Western CT State University. Her international experience includes Human Resource consulting Consultant at Cartus, the world’s largest relocation company, where she guided Human Resource teams in Fortune 500 companies. A graduate of the MA program in International Education Administration at the School for International Training in Vermont, Missy has lived abroad three times (Ecuador, Switzerland, and England) and has traveled to more than two dozen countries. You can learn more about her here.