Re-entry Tweets: #reeentryproblems

Home Forums Re-entry Re-entry Tweets: #reeentryproblems

This topic contains 39 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Maria Snyder 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

This is where we collect REAL re-entry tweets that document the challenges of re-entry.

• today my dad suggested i take a shower. if only he knew my showering habits in ecuador… #reentryproblems

mander1636
    Participant

These are great.  Thanks for posting! It would be great if we could also post if anyone responded back to them with suggestions too.

Great idea – we will add that to this section too Mander1636!

Hiding in a corner of @macys waiting for @cegradowski @hveuseenmolly to find me. I knew this day would be too much for me! #reentryproblems

Note to self: gloves and hats. Maybe mittens. #reentryproblems

AM or PM ? What time zone AM I in anyway? #reentryproblems

Overwhelmed by this concept of “supermarkets” all of a sudden #reentryproblems

Just saw this one come through:

Mixed feelings of guilt and accomplishment as I got some sweet deals for stuff i’ll be bringing to ecuador #reentryproblems

mander1636
    Participant

This one wasn’t tagged re-entry but I think it goes along with the theme.

memories of paris will be tainted by the 5 F’s on my transcript peace love and study abroad 2012 xxxxxxxxxxxx

mander1636
    Participant

Here is another one from one of my students.

She just returned yesterday.

Finally lost it in shavasana today. I need some tea #toomanyemotions

They work Mandy!  Keep them coming – all great quotes for us to share and to help confirm that these emotions are normal during re-entry!

mander1636
    Participant

I have another really good one from one of my recently returned students.

I almost packed toilet paper for the weekend. I guess I don’t need to do that anymore #indiaproblems

That is a great one! Thanks for sharing.  Here’s my Friday round-up:

Eggs or rice for breakfast? #reentryproblems #reentry #studyabroad
    2 years later, cleaning out my inbox and ALL of my old emails from when I was abroad. EMOTIONSSSS!! #reentryproblems
    Which key do i hit to make the @ symbol? #reentryproblems
    How do I explain #StudyAbroad to family & friends over the holidays? #reentryproblems
    how can I integrate #international #holidays into my life living in the #US? #reentryproblems

mander1636
    Participant

Here is another one that just came across that I hear all the time unfortunately.

About to give a presentation about my study abroad to Amsterdam to a bunch of freshmen. I wish I had some sober memories to tell them.

Todays Friday roundup:
    #reentryproblems Feels funny to be using dollars again!

Next stop: @bestbuy. My transition to American culture is going smoothly. Except for the cold weather #flbound #11n11 #reentryproblems

Relearning how to make decisions. #reentryproblems

Empanadas. Dulce de leche. Asados. Chimichurri. Extraño todo de Córdoba… #reentryproblems #Argentina #internabroad

Missing the ease of purchasing #hot tea lattes in #vendingmachines. #reentryproblems

Boston transportation doesn’t hold a candle to Tokyo #reentryproblems #MBTA #commutedread

I eat lunch at 3pm. Miss Mexico much? #reentryproblems

My English isn’t working! Keep thinking in Spanish… #reentryproblems

The TSA agents in the airport keep yelling at the foreigners. Not a gr8 welcome back home. #reentryproblems

Why do we need an ENTIRE aisle for just chips!? #reentryproblems

Still can’t believe our culture of buy, buy, buy with holiday gifts #reentryproblems

I just realized that not having a dryer means I dont ever lose any socks. #mysteriesoftheuniverse #reentryproblems

Forgot people get miffed here when you accidentally brush up against them on metro #reentryproblems

Minimal sleep also makes #reentryproblems seem gigantic. Kinda wanna run around this restaurant yelling how crazy we are for eating here.

Sometimes all it takes is looking at a menu to recall all your loved ones who fight for their lives every single day #reentryproblems

Dear God it is beautiful here. I think my true calling is to live in a tropical climate. #reentryproblems

Now that the forum is back up, here are some more Re-Entry problems tweets:

Is it too much to ask US public transportation to be on time? Or is that my #japanese coming out? #reentryproblems

Forgot to hit start on the dryer #rookiemove #reentryproblems

Bethesda traffic, you’re not helping my #reentryproblems

Talking #travel with anyone who will listen. And I mean ANYONE. #reentryproblems

Relearning how to make decisions. #reentryproblems

#reentryproblems Feels funny to be using dollars again!

Here is the Friday roundup–this time including some #reversecultureshock tweets!

Breakfast this morning with mom at Hoffman’s Bakery! (not a #reentryproblems but a reentry plus!)

It is 5:00pm and completely dark… this does not happen on the equator… #reentryproblems

You forget how expensive things are here in the US after living in Ecuador… $4 for a latte?! #reentryproblems #ReverseCultureShock

Poop jokes at the table are inappropriate? Oh crap. Oops that slipped out. Ahh I’m sorry! #reentryproblems

almost got split into 4 halves trying to get out of the train. but i’m breathing…heavily! #mumbailocal #reversecultureshock

Accidentally sat in the driver’s seat. Meant to be the passenger. #reversecultureshock

In America! Waiting for my connecting flight to Chicago….this feels very strange #reversecultureshock #imisslondon

i’m having tea and biscuits and my sister is chanting “USA.USA.USA” at me. #reversecultureshock

Since returning to Toronto I find many waste their/others’ time lamenting on being inconvenienced by inconvenience. #reversecultureshock

Cannot believe I am in the United States of America after six months… #WhatDoIDoNow #reversecultureshock

I just drove,listened to country music, and went trough a drive thru #america #reversecultureshock

Just spent 10 min looking for an outlet convertor to charge my laptop, only to realize, I’m not in Europe anymore. huh. #reversecultureshock

“WHY WILL NO ONE SAY CHEERS!?” –  #reversecultureshock

I’ve gotten use to two hour midway breaks #ReverseCultureShock

It will be hard getting use to like back in the USA #ReverseCultureShock

I wish I could just sync myself into my life like an iPhone to a PC. What a rut. #reversecultureshock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.