Re-entry Tweets: #reeentryproblems

Home Forums Re-entry Re-entry Tweets: #reeentryproblems

This topic contains 39 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Maria Snyder 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Here are this week’s tweets on #reentry :

Good morning–happy Friday!  Here are this week’s tweets:

My texting speed decreased significantly while I was abroad. #reentryproblems

My home Starbucks changed the layout and I feel out of place. #studyabroadproblems #reversecultureshock

Bathrooms having paper towels #reversecultureshock

Freaking out a lil bit bc I’m wearing my shoes inside the house (and no one is yelling at me) #reversecultureshock

Accidentally passed out at 10:30 pm, woke up at 4:30 am craving Oreos, tweeting about it at 6 am #ReverseCultureShock

My family is confused how I can fit 6 days of clothes for Florida in one backpack #reversecultureshock

wait so I cat buy beer at the ovie theatre? reversecultureshock

Just took a shower. It still weirds me out that I can do that whenever I want. #ReverseCultureShock

Pretty depressed that I’ve left Spain, turns out #reversecultureshock is actually a thing. But normal showers and EasyMac again are nice

Having to tip people #reversecultureshock

I guess constant carsickness is one of the side effects of using trains/planes the last 3+ months #studyabroadproblems #reversecultureshock

I should prolly eat some bfast mehh its not russian food #reversecultureshock

Being spoken to in English feels so unnatural #reversecultureshock

I F***ING HATE THIS COUNTRY #reversecultureshock

Here are the tweets from this week!

Moment of relief when hearing #english bgm in Japan, or #spanish and/or #japanese bgm anywhere.#music #reentryproblems

Just came across my old Navigo Découverte metro pass….almost enough to make me miss even Châtelet #nostalgia #reentryproblems

I need a massage, a good cry, a shower and some sleep. #reversecultureshock #impendingsemester #lotsofworktodo

Moping around all day in my universidad de Granada sweatshirt. #reversecultureshock #depressed #takemeback

Remarkable how similar places are in Singapore to CA. Familiar shops, road signs, and everyone speaks English #reversecultureshock

Been back in Australia for 48 hours. Missing PNG – constantly challenging, constantly learning, often being useful. #reversecultureshock

Countries in the 2010 world cup? “Africa” #reversecultureshock

When I could be someplace else finding those good things? The ultimate #reversecultureshock do I stay or do I go again?

feel like I’ve forgotten how to text #reversecultureshock? #studyabroadprobs?

Day #3 in Marseille and already missing BBC iPlayer…! The things you take for granted. #reversecultureshock

Happy Friday!  Here are some more tweets:

Finding it strange that I can text/call my friends from school— not missing my stupid ugly flip phone #reversecultureshock

The entire city of #Dublin looks like a frat house every Saturday morning #reversecultureshock

You ask the bill, the waiter asks if you want to order anything else like a bottle of water #reversecultureshock

Missing stellies just now. #reversecultureshock

There are so many blonde women on campus #reversecultureshock

Chopstix sesame chicken just ain’t what it used to be. #reversecultureshock

Things that used to be so normal are so strange and weird now. #ReverseCultureShock

Processed foods don’t bring me as much joy as they used to. #reversecultureshock

forgetting that i actually have to pay tax on items now that i am back in Canada… #reversecultureshock

Just said “kiitos!” to the guy who held the door open for me. #whoops #ReverseCultureShock

My feelings lately…gotta start traveling again or maybe not… #reversecultureshock #travel pic.twitter.com/63SDUxz

My first day back at school and I feel like a lost exchange student #studyabroadprobz #reversecultureshock

People eating pizza by the slice from styrofoam containers #America #FuckNo #ReverseCultureShock

ice water in restaurants in winter in the US #reversecultureshock

I need a massage, a good cry, a shower and some sleep. #reversecultureshock #impendingsemester #lotsofworktodo

More tweets:

why is america so boring?? #reversecultureshock

This is what it feels like to go from 2 classes to 6classes

Maria Snyder
    Participant

Newest tweets about reentry and reverse culture shock:

Reverted back to American food but I still eat like I’m in India and fighting for the last naan. Pls, look the other way. #reentryproblems

It’s so strange not hearing a helicopter every night. #ReverseCultureShock

Nearly drank tap water.. #reversecultureshock

Overwhelmed and i didn’t even start work yet #reverseCultureShock #mustStayPositive
    #reversecultureshock is really disconcerting. Especially when you realize that your time actually belongs to your smartphone. #America
    I’d forgotten how little the US broadcast of and around the Super Bowl actually had to do with the Super Bowl. #ReverseCultureShock
    WHY did said we missed having regular homework??  #studyabroadprobs #reversecultureshock #germany
    Driving on the right side of the road is still throwing me off. #backintheUSA

Maria Snyder
    Participant

Back in Toronto #reversecultureshock

the city, the mall (of america), tv, real food, a movie…this day is a tad bit overwhelming #reversecultureshock

Who knew my stomach would react more from going back to American food than from adjusting to Senegalese food. #reversecultureshock

Take me back. #africa #notadjusting #reversecultureshock

Back stateside almost a year, still writing the date “wrong” half the time. 1/3/13 #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

This whole leaving Ecuador thing is starting to feel like a bad breakup that I might never get over. #ReverseCultureShock #Nostalgia
    I’m not ready for it. #reversecultureshock
    I have a toilet that flushes and clean water. What is this place #reverseCultureShock
    I can actually cross the whole road before the green light changes to red! #reversecultureshock
    haha, yes. funny thing is, i knew fahrenheit more than celsius at one point in my life. #reversecultureshock again -_-
    It’s nice to be able to cross the road without burning your leg on the exhaust pipe of a passing motorbike. #ReverseCultureShock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

Egg yolks are so much runnier in the States than in the UK #ReverseCultureShock #OneDayAtATime

“Don’t be depressed if your friends don’t understand” #reversecultureshock

Saw a windmill going into Boston. I miss the Netherlands! #takemeback #reversecultureshock

Forgot they have free things in the US. Crying over the complimentary coffee at the bus station. #reversecultureshock #america

#depressed #reversecultureshock #help #toosoon

Feeling out of place and disconnected 🙁 #ReverseCultureShock??

Waking up at home this morning was the weirdest feeling. Europe literally feels like it was a dream #reversecultureshock

I’m already freaking out & I haven’t even been here for 24 hours. 8 days to go. #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

Maybe I should blog about adjusting back into Australian life? Hmm #reversecultureshock

Also don’t bow when driving, when ordering food, or at all actually. #reversecultureshock

Running by new colonials instead of Renaissance palaces #ReverseCultureShock

If you see me driving today, get away as fast as possible. #ReverseCultureShock

How the hell do you use DIRECTV? #ReverseCultureShock

What do you mean you’re opening all the windows because its “nice” outside? Y’all need to put this heater back on #ReverseCultureShock

I still dont understand why the bars close at 2 -_- … thats the time I leave #reversecultureshock #annoyed

Ariana just told me that she cried when she went to the mall after getting back from studying abroad #reversecultureshock

Every time I get off the train I feel like I need to get my gocard out and tap off #reversecultureshock

I can’t tell if my insomnia is because of jetlag or from missing Australia the amount that I do #reversecultureshock

Hard to believe I’ve only been home for a week… #reversecultureshock

Atlanta is a strange, strange place to get routed through after 3 months abroad. #hotlanta #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

You can tell it’s that time of year -lots of re-entry tweets!

being shocked when being surrounded by “y’all” and southern accents. #reversecultureshock

In Walgreens and I sware I heard two boys speaking Hebrew. #reversecultureshock

It’s kinda weird not being 1 or 3 black people in the room….

Maria Snyder
    Participant

Really wish the X Games weren’t constantly on TV. #depressing #Barcelona #reversecultureshock

Back in the USA. #reversecultureshock #tired #whatisthisheat #omgihaveinternetallthetime!

At Barnes & Noble and realizing how nasally Americans sound #reversecultureshock #missingLondon

How can I approach my family about #ReverseCultureShock before I return home? I’d like them to start educating themselves as I also prepare.

I have concerns that I will experience #ReverseCultureShock when I go home. Already I got a bad taste of it when my parents visited me here.

Everyone in the Verizon store is speaking Italian #reversecultureshock? #nahnotreally #franklinsquareproblems

When the cereal you’ve been eating for the past four months isn’t the same in the states <<<

Maria Snyder
    Participant

It’s crazy to think that I’ll be home in a week #weird #reversecultureshock

Zero motivation to do anything today. Can I go back to Australia yet? Joke’s over… #takemeback #reversecultureshock

Still not used to this time zone #reversecultureshock can’t sleep at night and keep falling asleep mid-day #PTSAD

So…what happened to all the guys with British accents? #reversecultureshock

Someone on TV had an English accent so I’m obviously a sobbing mess right now. Take me back. #reversecultureshock

Have legit felt sick to my stomach all day. #anxiety #traveling #reversecultureshock #homesickness #francememanque #takemeback

A guy at this restaurant is wearing a sweatshirt with the tube logo. Why do you tease me so? #reversecultureshock

Not sure if I should be counting down or crying…#gearingup #reversecultureshock

Things that have caught me off guard since my return to the US: carpet, doorknobs, light switches, and quarters. #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

I tried to flush the toilet my pressing the top #reversecultureshock

I’m still trying to get used to the US. #ReverseCultureShock

Pennsylvania needs a beach #missingBarcelona #reversecultureshock #studyabroadproblems

Big city to small town #reversecultureshock #studyabroadproblems

Venturing to the mall today was a bad idea… Feeling so uncomfortable right now. #takemebacktoafrica #reversecultureshock #weird

I don’t even think I know how to be American anymore. #ReverseCultureShock

Mira! A bathroom with toilet paper and no lady sitting by the door with a tip jar. #ReverseCultureShock

I sincerely miss Italian food. #reversecultureshock

Rereading final debrief notes this morn: “Don’t be a judgmental A-hole when you go home!”[email protected] #11n11 #sotrue #reversecultureshock

Hard to believe that a week has gone by since being in ZAMBIA #missit #zambia #getmeback #reversecultureshock #bemba

finding Bolga baskets in Home Sense? #reversecultureshock #whatshappenning

America, Y U no include sales tax in prices? #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

U.S. coins feel like monopoly money #reversecultureshock

Been back in the States for two weeks. Realizing exactly how spoiled we were for excellent fruit & veg in Adelaide. #reversecultureshock

It just hit me that this two week break in America isn’t a vacation from studying abroad… It’s real life #reversecultureshock

I used to find ways of getting around asking for substitutions in restaurants. Now it’s OK to ask for what I want. #reversecultureshock

Justin Bieber is not played in establishments where adults gather #reversecultureshock

First time at Meijer after a month in Japan. The number of unhealthily overweight people here is just… WOW. #smh #reversecultureshock

When I wait for an elevator with the stroller everyone stands back to make sure I get on first #reversecultureshock

Brunch is possible 7 days a week. all day and for less than $9 a plate for enough food to feed an army. #reversecultureshock

And why is everyone wearing basketball shorts and speaking english?? #reversecultureshock

my first step inside Whole Foods blew my mind #reversecultureshock

Forgot Nashville time runs a little slow #reversecultureshock #backinnash

I sit through the commercials because I forget I can hit a fast forward button. Kinda miss the simplicity of Africa. #reversecultureshock

they’re playing country music in this bar…yup, I’m back in south carolina. #reversecultureshock

I’m back in the land of driving & pandora stations. What is this sh*t??! I don’t know what to do w/ myself #reversecultureshock

When I say “thank-you,” Americans reply “uh-huh.” #reversecultureshock

I’m painfully out of practise calculating tips so I just keep leaving 20% #reversecultureshock

My life is basically sleep-eat-whatch TV-sleep. #wow #exciting #reversecultureshock

I shrunk from being a medium human to an extra small one. #reversecultureshock

I made my Twitter feed public as I’m no longer afraid of being arrested for having opinions #reversecultureshock

“Spicy” by American standards doesn’t even register on my tastebuds #reversecultureshock

Stores have functioning websites and I can order ANYTHING online for immediate and usually free delivery #reversecultureshock

my scarves are no longer a fashion accessory. They are clearly for warmth. #reversecultureshock

My landlord is a 60 year old surfer/guitarist who looks like The Dude #reversecultureshock

after about 5 pm children are mostly absent from public places. #reversecultureshock

I had slow service at a restaurant and without me saying a word about it they comped my latte. I was amazed. #reversecultureshock

I order a half sandwich and it’s still bigger than what any adult human needs to eat in one sitting #reversecultureshock

I keep over shopping because everything is so cheap. Have to remind myself it will all be here tomorrow. #reversecultureshock

TV is so seductive. It’s way too easy to get sucked into hours of catching up on pop culture. #reversecultureshock

My elevator dilemma: is it the ground floor or the first floor? #studyabroadproblems #Europeruinedme

I am so over blogging for a while thank god im going home this week… #studyabroadproblems

Still getting tfl emails about line closures…London I will forever yearn for you #studyabroadproblems

Maria Snyder
    Participant

y’all. i can’t. http://www.studentsabroad.com/handbook/reverse-culture-shock.php?country=General … #reversecultureshock #ihateit #thatwouldexplaineverything

All the white people in this airport are freaking me out #reversecultureshock #yousoundlikegeorgebush #myearsarebleeding

The driver in the hybrid next to us is playing the harmonica #reversecultureshock

So many people are around me. And they’re talking. And I can understand every word. #reversecultureshock

All the breakdowns from being back in this country from my favorite place in the world. #reversecultureshock

Going to another country kind of messes you up. Like in a good way. But I’m still kind of unsettled about America. #reversecultureshock

have you SEEN the size of the bananas and apples in the USA? Good grief! #ReverseCultureShock

Childproof caps on my Listerine. #ReverseCultureShock

Anxiety attacks in the bathroom #ReverseCultureShock

Can I go back to Shanghai please? #reversecultureshock #overwhelmed #imisschinaalready

Blessed is the clean running hot tap water #reversecultureshock

Pounds or dollars? U.S. or U.K. shoe size? Someone needs to remind me of these things. #reversecultureshock

It’s weird going shopping and everyone around you is speaking English #reversecultureshock

Wait I can’t drink on the way to the beach or even at the beach #reversecultureshock

I could live a long happy life and never go into an indoor mall again #reversecultureshock

A traffic jam is actually a big deal #reversecultureshock

The day after a massacre, everything is back to normal & no one even mentions it #SMC #americangunculture #reversecultureshock

the definition of a hipster is widely understood #reversecultureshock

I’m drinking Dr Pepper. #reversecultureshock

EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH. #reversecultureshock #backfire

Mexican mangoes are stringy and weird. #ReverseCultureShock #MangoAnger

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.