Re-entry Tweets: #reeentryproblems

Home Forums Re-entry Re-entry Tweets: #reeentryproblems

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Maria Snyder
    Participant

My people watching skills are being put to the test at the Botanical Gardens. #gettingcaught #everyonelookssodifferent #reversecultureshock

I forgot my own language, how is this possible #reversecultureshock

and are you whipping around every time you hear someone speaking English? I do that a lot. #reversecultureshock

Expected to hear French at the grocery store today, but only heard English. Felt strange. Missing #p2cqex . #reversecultureshock

first reactions will be: why isn’t it boiling? why isn’t everyone chinese? why are people speaking english? #reversecultureshock

Why would someone put 20″ chrome rims with sport tires on minivan?! I love California but people here are… bonkers! #reversecultureshock

This bus has electrical outlets and wifi #confused #reversecultureshock

In Ottawa… I won’t get the culture shock till I get back to Calgary. I’m still surrounded by french. #reversecultureshock

my google calendar just figured out that im in America and screwed up all the times/dates I had programmed in #ReverseCultureShock

There are cops / sheriff cars EVERYWHERE, AND they USE their lights and ticket pads! #ReverseCultureShock

Also? People bring dogs INSIDE … when did that start? This morning + car dealership = four dogs! #ReverseCultureShock

Returning back to Houston after all the crazy experiences in India last week is just bizarre. #OhIndia #ReverseCultureShock

I’m drinking milk out of my Guinness glass in honor of me wishing I was back in Ireland #ReverseCultureShock

The guy at Tim’s just spoke to me in English! Where am I?!?! #enfrancais #reversecultureshock #quebec

So much morbid obesity in bikinis on this beach #reversecultureshock #backinmurrica

Windows with blinds open, no sheer curtains. #reversecultureshock

‘Bout to be real southern #reversecultureshock #humidity

So this is happening “Gun buyback today in East L.A. offers up to $200 gift card per firearm http://lati.ms/m48xD ” #reversecultureshock

Smacks forehead. I forgot about the telemarketing phone calls in the United States. FOUR this morning. #ReverseCultureShock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

coming back home is the absolute worst, so hard to accept it – text me! I can relate!! #ReverseCultureShock

I’m still not entirely sure what day it is, what time it is, what is good to eat, or who all these white people are. #reversecultureshock

Find myself bored after a week off Non-Stop working and ministry. #reversecultureshock

Ya’ll are walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk #ReverseCultureShock

Uhhhhhh where are all the Aussie accents #ReverseCultureShock

The most disorienting thing since I’ve been in Africa was watching a T-Swift music video on local television #reversecultureshock

@hgtv literally cuts you off at 3am… I should be thankful #ReverseCultureShock

#ReverseCultureShock – the junk mail. Seriously? Could totally do without it. I got excited to see mail today, but all trash. 🙁

Everytime anyone says “Canada”, I feel the need to cheer and scream “CANADA!!!” … #exchangeproblems #reversecultureshock

Man, I missed American radio #thebestmusic #reversecultureshock

Could write book on my #ReverseCultureShock as it relates to medical care. Three hours today for “maybe” broken arm. MAYBE. No one can say!

Don’t remember being warned that #ReverseCultureShock would be this bad #FirstWorldProblems #TakeMeBack to @spain

Where am I and why is everything in a language I can read and understand?! #ReverseCultureShock

Oh and electricity. Its been nice to have everywhere again. #reversecultureshock

Things I miss about Europe: blackout shades. #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

feeling so lost in America #reversecultureshock #butcantwaittobehome

THERE ARE SO MANY WHITE PEOPLE HERE THIS IS SO WEIRD #reversecultureshock

Paper towels are amazing. #reversecultureshock

Just did my first morning rush hour in #Sydney. Turns out I picked up a few bad habits from #Beijing. #Oops, haha. #reversecultureshock

And why is everything in this country so expensive? I’m use to my cheap meals in China. #reversecultureshock

When u cannot fall asleep on a soft bed anymore…#reversecultureshock

I think it’s high time we address the black-white dance achievement gap. #ReverseCultureShock

Observation: it’s more convenient to waste food in the US #reversecultureshock

got me the “why do i live in the States blues” today. #DLTBBB #ReverseCultureShock

People keep looking at me funny because I’m walking around with a thin cardigan on instead of a coat while outside. #reversecultureshock

A bit sad that my sweet tooth has changed. Not really in the mood for Aussie pastries…or more what is available here. #reversecultureshock

When did store-bought croutons get so complicated? #ReverseCultureShock

Tipping is the worst. And I got ID’d to buy a glass of wine. #reversecultureshock

Everything is so cheap!!!! #ReverseCultureShock

American soda fountain. Crazy. #toomanyoptions #reversecultureshock

Currently having trouble remembering that initiating conversations in Italian doesn’t work quite as well in NYC. #reversecultureshock

you’ve been home for a week now. you can’t just lay in bed and sleep all day.” ……watch me #reversecultureshock

All Asians look like Chelsoy now that I’m back from Germany. #reversecultureshock

It is sunny, I’m just confused by anything less than 35°C atm! #reversecultureshock Were you in Sevilla all year?

Back in america. Whaaaaaat? #reversecultureshock

#reversecultureshock is #weird and #scary. Why am I freaked out by my own country/culture?

Maria Snyder
    Participant

it’s 18 degrees out. Brrrrrr. #reversecultureshock

Internet running at like bullet speed?! #reversecultureshock

Not knowing how to use train ticket machines or even automatic sink faucets #thirdworldproblems #reversecultureshock

Seeing so many white people in one place is truly disconcerting at this point #amsterdam #reversecultureshock

Just landed in DC… missing El Salvador in 3.. 2.. 1.. #ReverseCultureShock

Rwanda. I love your infrastructure and understanding that mayonnaise is a required condiment at every meal #reversecultureshock

Next time I won’t return to San Francisco in the winter–uh, I mean summer #fog #reversecultureshock #marktwain

my American twitter friends: “ROYAL BABY AHH!! SO BEAUTIFUL!! YAY!!” my British twitter friends: “meh, can’t be asked” #reversecultureshock

Overwhelming moment at Target. This is not even all the options of Cheerios. ##reversecultureshock

On the shuttle debating geese. #reversecultureshock #texasmytexas

i spend 95% of my time thinking about madrid/looking at pics/trying to figure out when im going back #help #reversecultureshock #itsreal

I’ve been hit-on more in the past 24 hours than in my past three years in Singapore combined. #reversecultureshock

#reversecultureshock moment: Didn’t we create brunch?! I miss being able to get my desayuno till Noon! Booooo ‘Mericuh!

#reversecultureshock moment: I wanted some McDonalds Breakfast aaaand they stop serving it at 10:30am…ummm hola?!?!

9 days. #Merica #whatchout #reversecultureshock #probs

reminder list items now start w/ location: #Nagoya-snacks, LA-reactivate cell, AZ-bake lotus root,etc. upcoming #reversecultureshock #expat

It’s incredibly weird hearing the English accent everywhere #reversecultureshock #imissthespanish

Accomplishment of the day: Went to Walmart by myself, bought everything on the list, AND used a coupon! Woot! Woot! #ReverseCultureShock

weird to think people go home at 2 here when mya didn’t even open until 3 in valencia… #reversecultureshock

Miss it so much today. #cityofadventure #london #studyabroadprobs #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

I’m not ready to dive into normal life yet. My mind refuses to focus. I’m experiencing #reversecultureshock everywhere!

Toilet handles, doorknobs, light switches…all so different in America #reversecultureshock

I think I’m finally to that point to where I can stand being around most Americans. #reversecultureshock #stillmissAFRICA!

Same with El Salvador :/ It’s hard to adjust. #ReverseCultureShock

Boy, gotta love the free wifi at #changiairport it’s so much faster than what we had in Indo. #reversecultureshock

I forget that people in North America usually sleep before 3AM #ReverseCultureShock #JapanThings

Tried paying for my water with a rupee. #cantletgo #reversecultureshock

Took my bike in after months of neglect… The estimate is $80…that’s nearly 5000 rupees. Oy vey! #ReverseCultureShock #fb

cenah : d better integrated u’ve bcome 2 a citizen of d country of ur choice, d harder it is 2 readjust during re-entry #ReverseCultureShock

This is so not what I imagined coming home to. #reversecultureshock

Waiting at the gate for a flight home at Incheon Airport and I am seriously thrown off by all these white people #ReverseCultureShock

Back in the US of A, Cali side! #everyonespeaksEnglishhere #home #reversecultureshock

Take me back to London where I was an independent woman and only abided by the rules I gave myself. #reverseCultureShock

I feel like an American reject but maybe that’s a good thing. 😉 #doingitright #unconvention #reintegration #reversecultureshock

One night outside in Rossville and I’m covered in mosquito bites. Welcome back to America. #reversecultureshock

dr: “more causasians there…” me: (jaw dropped) “more like a choice of sit vs squat toilets”. he: (exits room) #expat #reversecultureshock

I don’t like American stores or merchandise anymore. #missingThailand #reversecultureshock

Supermarkets. #reversecultureshock #somuchstuff

It wouldn’t be a meal without rice. (#RiceKrispieTreats) #reversecultureshock #samesamebutdifferent (I had 4.)

Back from the rez… #Whoa #Weird #ReverseCultureShock #MissIt

Maria Snyder
    Participant

Leaving the bar at two because it closes. No more 8AMs. @twit_nikk #reversecultureshock #america

Portion sizes seem so huge here! #reversecultureshock

like i always knew i never belonged here, but now that i’ve seen the possibilities, it’s gotten even worse. #wanderlust #reversecultureshock

Wrote a blog post about #texas. This is how I’m working through my #reversecultureshock Check it out!

Just tried to go down an escalator on the wrong side #reversecultureshock

Almost stuck out my arm to wave down a bus..oops. #reversecultureshock

Back in the USA and missing Guatemala more than I thought possible. Already looking at flights back! #wanttogoback #reversecultureshock

can’t believe I’m home…. #reversecultureshock

we bought a couch, now I am inspired to hang thing on the wall. #nesting #procrastination #reversecultureshock #expat

After being absent for weeks it feels great to back. <I do what I want> #ReverseCultureShock.

goddamn it, USA. Why do you run on credit? What about the people don’t HAVE any? Punished bc I pay all my shit upfront. #reversecultureshock

I’ve been here all this time and I still don’t get some of those things you tweeted about. #ReverseCultureShock

Candy Crush is apparently as addicting as meth. I’ve played, it’s fun, but I don’t get why people are obsessed #ReverseCultureShock

Vines are new. Some are actually pretty good. Most are shit though #ReverseCultureShock

I txted someone after a SnapChat and thy acted like I was a fool. Now I send people blank screens with txt in response. #ReverseCultureShock

I still don’t know proper SnapChat etiquette.. #ReverseCultureShock

People saying “tho,” or a variation of, way too much (I’m starting to pick this one up) #ReverseCultureShock

Twerking also became a thing apparently.. How’d that happen?? #ReverseCultureShock

There are so many things that are popular now that weren’t before I left for France.. #ReverseCultureShock

High waisted shorts are for sure on that list. I still don’t know how I feel about them.. #ReverseCultureShock

“Don’t look, it’s American culture.” #somanywhitepeople #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

I would do the unthinkable just to go back #ReverseCultureShock

Almost just said “Morgen” to someone…#ReverseCultureShock #FormerExpatProblems

I’ve been in an English speaking country/airport for 15 whole minutes and I’m freaking out. #reversecultureshock

“Don’t look, it’s American culture.” #somanywhitepeople #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

Total #reversecultureshock in D.C.: seeing peoples’ houses already elaborately decorated for Halloween on Oct. 15.

America is LOUD. #reversecultureshock

first time in a major city (i.e. not remote India) in over 2 weeks + i am like #reversecultureshock

Another #reversecultureshock moment back in the US: Going with a friend to a sports bar that has no fewer than 50 TV screens. #wtf

#ReverseCultureShock: I cannot mix English and Arabic when texting my friends.

I miss pavlova, homemade scones, Sunday dinners, Belfast coffee shops and Maud’s Poor Bear ice cream. #Belfast #reversecultureshock

Maria Snyder
    Participant

Have you ever experienced #reversecultureshock? It’ll be quite interesting to see how my views have changed.

Starbucks VENTI (mostly canyons). #reversecultureshock

Sight to make sore eyes sorer: women shamelessly eating Cheetos in public alone. #reversecultureshock #america

Smells, sounds, density // Where are all the people? #reversecultureshock #california #oneyearaway

All the manly men with their manly men beards. #reversecultureshock #kansascity #awkwardjesusmemes

The more I travel, the more I realize how filthy and disgusting SF is. #reversecultureshock

After five days of witnessing the effects of genocide, how do you return to normal life? http://bit.ly/MLpFK6 #reversecultureshock

Hearing my navigation system talk to me in miles and feet just feels weird. #ReverseCultureShock

My body is yet to realize that its in India and not in UK! Gotta sleep now, its 1am!!! #wideawake #reversecultureshock

I love New York #nyc #bigapple #rockefellercenter #nbc #love #reversecultureshock #iceskating

Maria Snyder
    Participant

indulging in all the first world pleasures today #reversecultureshock

After two weeks of drinking nothing but bottled water, I’m not sure I can go back to tap water. Tastes so weird. #reversecultureshock

Houston tap water may be worse than Budweiser #reversecultureshock

An Englishman just said Cheers to me…in America! I’m practically squealing with glee. #reversecultureshock

All these bare shoulders and uncovered heads I mean really what is life #reversecultureshock

I didn’t buy these Prada sunglasses to cry in yet here I am. #ReverseCultureShock

it’s been a week since being home…still on #EcuadorWithrdrawls #transition #reversecultureshock

Why is it getting so dark so quickly?! I am not used to this… #reversecultureshock
    #again

Just messaged everyone on viber that i landed in LA …. #reversecultureshock #nomoreviber #hellomerica

#TBT to my spoiled European life

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.